Everything You Wanted To Know About Septic Tank Maintenance
A septic tank is usually an underground watertight tank which receives wastewater from sinks, toilets, as well as basins. The presence of bacteria in the septic tanks helps to break down the wastewater which then is disposed off into a soil disposal field.
All the septic tanks including septic tanks in school areas as well as residences need to be inspected once every 3 to 5 years. However, we often tend to neglect this essential chore which might prevent it from running efficiently in future. Fortunately, new septic tank installation along with routine maintenance will help to prevent any minor issue from becoming a big one. In this article, we will throw some light on the benefits related to regular septic tank maintenance.
Benefits of Cleaning Septic Tanks in School Areas or Residences:
It may be the fact that the tank is emitting some unusual and unpleasant smell which means that it has allowed waste materials to enter the adjoining soil and water. Excessive exposure to waste products can cause some significant health hazards to your family members, neighbors, and pets. Consequently, it is imperative to clean the septic tank Atlanta on a regular basis so as to prevent any buildup of waste products.
You might be required to shell out a considerable amount of money in case you are trying to recover from a septic tank burst or leak. In fact, you might need to fix any damage to your landscaping and residence apart from the repairing expenses. All these can be avoided by maintaining the tank at regular intervals.
Preserves the surroundings
Eliminating potentially hazardous waste products regularly will help to safeguard your residence as well as the yard. It will likewise aid in keeping the local water systems healthier and cleaner. Medicines present in human waste products as well as chemical cleaners can responsible for contaminating the soil along with other bodies of water nearby. Cleaning your septic tank every couple of years will help significantly to prevent pollution.
Things to Consider while Installing or Upgrading Septic Tanks in School Areas or Residences:
- The tank has to be large enough so as to hold all of the waste which has been generated during a period of 24 hours. Moreover, the disposal field must be large enough to manage it. You can take the help of a contractor to figure out exactly what size you require.
- You will not be allowed to drive vehicles or even build on a disposal field across a septic tank.
- The regional council might have its own specifications. Generally speaking:
- The disposal field has to be at a distance of at least 20 meters from lakes, streams, and groundwater tables.
- Water bores can be drilled within 50 meters of any disposal field.
Maintenance Tips for Septic Tanks in School Areas and Residences:
- It is imperative to be aware of your septic tank’s size and location.
- The tank has to be inspected by a professional contractor on a regular basis.
- You need to clean it every couple of years.
- Records of all maintenance have to be maintained and the date for the subsequent inspection should be fixed.
- The disposal field has to be covered with grass, and not any shrubs or trees.
- Hazardous chemical substances should be kept out of the system at all times.
The majority of the septic tank cleaning is scheduled once every 2 to 3 years. However, most of us tend to forget the subsequent service once the system starts running properly. It is important to bear in mind that ignoring septic tank maintenance can lead to costly cleanup services in the upcoming days. So, make sure that a professional is handling your septic tank, just like what we found online – https://goo.gl/maps/iWznvoo7V5M2